We’re back at our second home – the hem/onc floor at Children’s. Brock’s had diarrhea for almost 2 weeks and we’re just not able to keep him adequately hydrated at home. They’ve run lots of tests (norovirus, c-diff, etc) and they’ve all come back negative. We did an X-ray of his belly this morning and the surgeons have ruled out any kind of obstruction. A few doctors have told me they think he has an ileus and a few others have said they think he just had a virus that has disrupted his intestines ability to absorb his formula (from his tube feedings). We’re waiting to hear from the GI doctors about whether or not they want to switch him to a formula that’s partially broken down.
- that the doctors would have wisdom in what’s causing the symptoms and the best way to treat them.
- that Brock would be happy while he’s here at the hospital. Despite all the time he’s spent in a hospital, he doesn’t remember much of it and isn’t used to it. The older he gets, the harder this is on him.
- Reese has a double ear infection and is pretty miserable.
- I’ve had pain in my thumb/wrist for over 2 months now. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and got a steroid and a fancy new spica cast. Pray that those 2 interventions help because the next step would be surgery.
- Pray for Jaycie as she handles the stress of our family being separated and getting shuffled back and forth between parents and grandparents. (We couldn’t do this without our parents’ help.)
- Pray for Jay as he leads our family. We’re so thankful for him.
Thank you for loving us and praying for us.